FLUORIDE IN REDMOND, WA
Fluoride treatments are a powerful tool for preventative dentistry. Fluoride treatments can prevent common oral problems like bad breath and tooth decay, and strengthen teeth that have been damaged by cavities, or other conditions such as teeth grinding.
Dr. Daniel Bickel of Redmond Art of Dentistry recommends fluoride treatment for all patients after their oral exams, as a way to prevent tooth decay and ensure better oral health. Learn more about fluoride treatments below.
Benefits Of Fluoride
- Fluoride boosts the remineralization of our teeth and reduces the occurrence of decay.
- Fluoride treatments can help patients prevent tooth decay for up to 9 months, depending on oral hygiene habits.
- Fluoride treatments usually cost between $20 and $50 and are covered by most dental plans.
- Patients of all ages can benefit from fluoride treatments alongside regular oral exams and teeth cleanings.
What Is Fluoride, & How Does It Work?
Fluoride is a naturally-occurring mineral that is found in much of our food. In many US states it is also added to municipal water supplies. Fluoride boosts the remineralization of our teeth and reduces demineralization.
In demineralization, acids, and sugars attack the enamel of our teeth, weakening it and eventually causing tooth decay. Fluoride helps fight back against this issue and encourages remineralization, where calcium, phosphates, and fluoride are added to our enamel to rebuild it.
Fluoride is used in most kinds of toothpaste and mouth rinses, and its use has greatly reduced the number of cavities suffered by people in the US.
What Is A Fluoride Treatment?
Fluoride treatments use a concentrated, fluoride-based compound to strengthen the teeth, and boost remineralization.
Usually, fluoride treatments are applied at the end of another procedure with our preventative dentist in Redmond, WA, Dr. Bickel. After your teeth are clean, Dr. Bickel will apply a specialized fluoride paste or gel to your teeth. This compound is “painted” across every surface of your teeth, and left to set for several minutes.
Then, the fluoride gel is rinsed out, and the treatment is complete. The highly concentrated power of the fluoride treatment will help prevent tooth decay and cavities from 3-9 months, depending on your oral hygiene habits.
What Are The Benefits Of Fluoride Treatments?
Fluoride treatments have many benefits:
- Fights back against acid & bacteria: Fluoride fights the acid and bacteria responsible for tooth decay, and can even help reverse the effects of early-stage tooth decay.
- Strengthens teeth: Fluoride treatments encourage stronger enamel and may result in reduced tooth sensitivity.
- Saves you money: Fluoride treatments usually cost $20-$50 and are covered by most dental plans. Compare this to the cost of treating a cavity with a filling ($250) or a crown ($300-$800), and it’s clear why fluoride treatments are so useful!
Who Should Get Fluoride Treatments?
We recommend that all of our patients get fluoride treatments alongside regular oral exams and teeth cleanings. Children and adults of all ages can benefit from the power of frequent fluoride treatments as a preventative dentistry measure.
Get The Preventative Treatments You Need!
Whether you’re interested in fluoride treatments, or other preventative dentistry treatments like dental sealants, Redmond Art of Dentistry is the right choice for you!
Dr. Bickel specializes in dentistry for adults and pediatric patients alike, providing expert care with a friendly and informative attitude. Schedule your appointment today!